Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Okay, seriously!

Oh how time flys!  My last post was something like 2 years ago.....SERIOUSLY?  Where did the time go?  Every night I lay in bed and just think about how life seems to be getting away from me.  The last time I posted, we were a family of 5 and now....6!  I really am disappointed with myself for not documenting things better then I have.  So SERIOUSLY, I start today! So, here goes speed blogging at its best.
  I have recently been inspired by a complete stranger that has really put some serious perspective into my life.  Such a beautiful young mother 1000's of miles away.  She recently lost her 7 month old daughter to a rare liver disease.  I came across her blog via a mutual friend back in June and I have been following her daily ever sense.  Words can not express the impact her story and testament have made for me.  A true living example of Gods grace is expressed through her writings.  I want so badly to reach out and hold her because I just can not even begin to fathom what she is going through. (you can read her blog here http://aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/  Through her example, I realized what I really was missing in my life.  Such a blessing, yet so heart breaking at the same time.  Check out her blog, and say a prayer for their family if you would.
On a lighter note, things around our home have DEFINITELY changed.  I am so proud to say we are perfectly complete.  Jenna has been an amazing addition to our family.  I never really knew how much I wanted (and needed) a daughter until she was born.  From the moment she arrived in this world and pronounced "It's a girl," it was so incredibly different.  It changed me as mother.  People ask me how it feels to be a mother of a girl and I can honestly say that is VERY different then the boys.  Her cry is a little softer, her temperament a little stronger, she demands attention from everyone in the room (not sure where she gets that lol) cloths are a little fancier (see photo below for what she wore to Meijers today, a little over the top I admit, but come on I have 3 boys) and I feel my responsibility as a mother is different with her.  I never really thought about it before she was born, but the boys have and need their dad to teach them how to be men.  With her, the future women hood responsibility is all mine, and I lavish in that.  Sure she will need her dad for credit cards, driving lessons and gun cleaning when her dates arrive to pick her up (poor girl) but teaching her how to be a "lady" is all mine.  What an awesome responsibility!  You see, I have the best of both worlds the 3 most amazing sons on the planet to cuddle with, spoil, and turn in to future lady killers, as well as a princess to cherish and protect.  Having her tenderness in the home has changed all of us.  The boys absolutely adore their sister.  They love to hold her and play with her.  I see a gentleness in them when they are near her that steals my heart.  My boys really are the best and I love them more then words could ever express.  Oh and daddy, he is wrapped around every finger and toe.  He calls her "Sweetness," so cute.  So Miss Jenna, welcome to the crazy Sheely family.  Where their is never a dull moment, a full nights sleep is not an option (unless your name is Daddy cuz he can sleep through anything), tug of war over a blanket is a daily occurrence (because we only have like 50 blankets in this house), seat check only applies for 30 seconds,  dinner time ends in someone crying because their ice melted, toilet seats are always up and rarely flushed, cloths are "almost" in the hamper, and most importantly, never and I mean NEVER a shortage of love, cuddles or kisses.  It is a crazy place, but I would not want it any other way.  We are so blessed!
see a little to fancy for the store, but who cares?


Kyle is now in 7th grade.  Middle school has really changed him.  He is so grown up.  It is really strange as a mother to have a newbie and a (almost) teenager.  It really makes you think back and realize how quickly life passes by.  They say you blink and your kids are grown, I say they are right.  I miss the days when he needed me for a hug or snuggle time.  Yet, I relish how he confides in me and needs me at this stage of his life.  He really is a great kid and I love him so very much.  It does not happen very often, but I love to have Kyle all by myself when we can "really" talk and enjoy each others company.  He is very smart and kind, hates chores but does them :) and wants to be a detective when he grows up.  I am sure proud he is my son!
Noah is now 6 and in Kindergarten.  He has always been a very bright child with the most tender spirit. I watched a video today of him when he was 3 and my heart just melted.  From birth, Noah was patient and giving.  He is always the 1st one to offer to help someone in need.  I learn a lot from Noah.  He teaches me a kindness that I never knew.  He loves to spend time with his Daddy, working in the barn, yard or where ever he can help and wants to be Special Forces when he grows up.  He loves to play with his best friend Colton and is protective over him when needed.  Such a little blessing from God.  I love my little Noodle!

Colton just turned 4.  Next year he will be off to young 5's, what I am going to do with out him?  My heart aches to think about it.  Colton has a pure spirit, he is a Momma's boy (which I love).  He is such a loving child and is my little cuddle bug.  He loves Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Lego's and Playing the Wii and wants to be a Knight in Shining Armour when he grows up.  Colton rarely misbehaves, but can throw the biggest (most destructive) fit you have ever seen. (kinda funny really) He is very sensitive and I could cuddle him all day, he thinks I am a princess.(love that, I think he is right)  My Colty Bean is the best and he makes my life complete!
John and Me, were blessed.  John has been super busy with his business.  It is going very well, but he is working A LOT of hours.  I am excited for him to (hopefully) have a little time off soon to do his fall favorites, hunting and trapping.  He needs and deserves some "him" time.  I no longer have the studio and I am only doing "on location" photography.  I am really happy I made the decision to let the studio go, it was just to much for me, and I was a little stretched.  I am helping John with his books and the kids keep me very occupied.  I am perfectly blessed and right where I want to be! So there you have it, 2 years summed up in a nut shell.  I WIll be better at this I swear!
Hugs, KIM

2 comments:

isabellafaith said...

I love your post ! You are a great mother and I am so proud of you and proud to be your friend. I wish we were closer and not so many miles apart. but I love that I feel I know your children anlittle through your blog.
Melissa D'Avanzo

Kim Sheely said...

Thanks M, I miss you so much too! I only wish we could get our family's together one day soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...