Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas With The Stegenga's

Tonight we had our Stegenga family Christmas party.  I look forward to this party as I don't get to see this side of the family very often.  This tradition started before I was even born.  When I was little, we used to go to my Grandpa and Grandma Stegenga's house on Christmas day for dinner.  As the years went on our families grew and the tradition changed.  Now, we always get together the Sunday before Christmas at my Aunt Sue and Uncle Bob's home.  Their home is large (very) and beautiful and it can accommodate our group of 30 plus.  They are always wonderful host and the kids have a blast playing with all their fun games.  I believe that my Grandparents look down from heaven when we are all gathered together and chuckle at all the craziness.  I wish they could have met all their Great Grandchildren as I think they would have been proud at the family they created.  I sure do miss them.
 Jenna was the bell of the ball (big surprise) as some of my family had not met her yet.  The older girls had a great time playing with her and I am certain they would make great babysitters.

Grandma coaxing May May, trying to get her to take her 1st steps (not working) 


Part of the gang enjoying a nice meal 


My cousin Betsy was having a great time teasing her uncle (my dad) 

Thats better 

I think Jenna was loving the attention she received 

Grandma and her princess 

Me, Dad and Betsy, I think she just punched him (sure he deserved it) 

My Crazy Colton 

Betsy playing with my pj'd princess 


Enjoying conversation 

My Dad, isn't he  cute

The boys had a blast playing hockey in the basement 



Some of the adults enjoying a little less craziness in basement watching football

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...