Thursday, October 20, 2011

I forgot to mention

Kyle was reading my post from yesterday and he proclaims "Mom, you forgot to mention the most important thing about me."  I study him closely to see what major detail of his dramatic adolescent life I left out.  He puffs his chest, rolls his shoulders back and proudly proclaims, "I am taller then you now!" sigh... This is true, I forgot to mention that he has accomplished his goal of standing taller than his Mother.  Oh how I wish I could have just one day with him still in diapers, calling me Mommy, gazing (up) at me with those big brown eyes,  twirling his hair while he drank from his sippy cup,  Bob the builder blaring in the background, dinosaurs scattered all around the house, snuggling with me and knowing that I was the center of his universe.  Today, I will enjoy folding his boxers, answer when he yells Mom, gaze up at him, while he drinks his Mountain dew, itunes blaring in the background, algebra and dirty laundry scattered all around his room, quick hugs and knowing that I will ALWAYS be his Mother.  I love you Kyle Bear even if you are taller then me.  
I searched high and low for a picture to prove that he is indeed taller than me.  But, because this is a new accomplishment, this was the best I could do.  He IS taller (he is barefoot, and I have shoes on)
p.s. I blogged 2 days in row!! WOW

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...