Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Close Calls and Ear Infections

It has been a rough week around our home.  Last week, my Dad suffered a couple of "Mini" strokes also known as TIA'S.  I am relieved to report he is doing very well and returned to work on monday.  We are very lucky that he has no permanent damage.  After multiple test and a night in the hospital he was released and put on medication and a strict diet to hopefully prevent any more of these strokes.  It was VERY scary to think of our lives with out my dad being able to recover.  Seeing him in the hospital shook my core.  I have never seen him so vulnerable and disoriented.  I am so thankful he heeded the warning signs (after I forced him to) and got himself checked out.  I think these little "mini's" left untreated could have resulted in something far worse and it breaks my heart to think of our life with out my dad in it.  Thank you God for blessing us with only a "close call" and delivering my daddy through a scary time.
Jenna has not been sleeping well and after 3 days of no sleep and irritability, I took her to the Dr.'s.  Turns out, she has a double ear infection.  Her left tube fell out a couple of months ago.  Her right one is still intact but is clogged.  My poor little peanut has been put on antibiotics and seems to be feeling a little better today.  I hope this is the last of them darn ear infections although, I fear a new set of tubes is in her near future.  Through it all she has been a trooper and I have enjoyed our extra snuggle time as it seems that Momma is the only one that will do.
My parents and their grandchildren 

Mom and Dad still going strong after 38 years

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...