Monday, December 5, 2011

Delightfully Exhausted

Somedays I am so exhausted by the time the kids are all snug in bed and all I want to do is crash on the couch and watch mindless TV.  I often get to 9 p.m. and think "what the heck did I do all day?"  My life is so full of everyday habits such as laundry, changing diapers, cleaning up after kids, cooking, homework, cleaning, dishes, organizing, cleaning, sweeping, answering phones, cleaning, making beds, running errands, did I mention cleaning?  Sometimes I feel unappreciated, overworked, and stressed with my daily habits.  It is those days that I stop, step back and realize I have the perfect most amazing life that I have dreamed of.  Laundry means we have cloths to keep us warm, changing diapers means I have a sweet perfect gift from God, cleaning up after my kids all day means I get to stay home with them, cooking means we have food to eat, homework means I am an essential part in shaping my children's education, dishes means I am able to provide food for my family (I actually LOVE to cook), organizing means we have more than "enough", sweeping means we have a home full of feet that run in and out, answering phones means my husband has work, making beds means God gave everyone of us another day to wake up and face the world, running errands means I have places to go, and a vehicle to drive, and cleaning means that God has provided a home to keep clean.  I am not under appreciated  as my husband and children smile at me give me kisses and tell me they love me, no amount of $ can be better than that.  I am not overworked, God has given my two legs and arms and the health to maintain my home, raise my family, love my husband and serve my savior.  And stress, it is all a matter of perspective.  I will try very hard to maintain a positive perspective and remember that all my blessings should be counted, appreciated and praised.
So, what did I do today?
Woke at 7:00 with kids (after being up 4 times with May as she does not sleep)
Started a load of laundry
Got Noah ready for school and took him to the bus
Feed Colton breakfast (he ate shells and cheese, breakfast of champions)
Feed Jenna breakfast ( she had a cereal bar)
Emptied the dishwasher
Made beds
Cleaned bathroom
Collected laundry
Did another load of laundry
Played Mario Cart with Colton
Put Jenna down for a nap
Folded 3 loads of a laundry (from day before)
Put away above stated laundry
Made Christmas list for the kids
Cleaned up kids mess from morning
Had my morning chat with mom
Made lunch for John, Colton and Jenna
Cleaned up lunch loaded dishwasher
Made dark chocolate pecan pie (very delicious by the way) while listening to Christmas music
Answered emails
Did online banking
Played with the kiddos
Put Jenna down for her afternoon nap
Got Noah off the bus
Made garlic roasted chix, smashed red skin and chive potatoes, green bean almandine for dinner as my parents were coming over
Cleaned up dinner mess
Loaded the dishwasher
Caught all 3 boys in their room making water balloons from bottled water ready to launch
Corrected homework
Gave 3 kids baths
Put Jenna to bed
Put little boys to bed
Started another load of laundry
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Now, enjoying a little quiet time
Delightfully exhausted!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...