Monday, December 12, 2011

Round Here

My life is so full of "little things" that I never want to forget, so today is a bunch of random things that are going on round here.
Kyle is growing and changing into a young man.  His troubles are different and require a "new" kind of parenting.  This is new territory for me and I am learning as I go.  Parenting a teenager is harder and scarier than raising the little ones. He got into a little trouble at school when being bullied by another student.  I will just say he did not take the bullying sitting down and the two got into a little scuffle the other day and he had to spend little time in the student support room (aka suspension room).  This was a good learning experience for him (and me) about how to treat others, and how to stand up for yourself.
 I taught him how to play the card game speed and him and I have been enjoying daily matches.  He is getting pretty good and can beat me now. I love it when I can find things that we can do together that he also enjoys.
We have been embracing and celebrating the holiday season.  We have decorated the tree (a month ago) hung our Christmas lights outside.  Our elf Kringle has returned from the North Pole and turns up in funny and unique places every morning.  Jenna, Colton and Noah visited Santa, the boys have their advent calendars 1/2 gone, Noah and Colton are enjoying their paper chains they made and I have about 1/2 my Christmas shopping done.
Jenna is almost 10 months.  I can not believe how fast this time has gone.  I think I am slightly mourning her change from infant to baby and soon to toddler.  It is bitter sweet as she is our last baby and I am not sure that I am ready for the "baby" stage of my life to be over.  I think I savor every little thing about her because I don't want it to be over yet.  She is growing and changing every day.  She is not crawling yet but is up on her knees and rocking.  If you ask her if she is a princess she shakes her head vigorously and smiles.  If she catches sight of your belly she will raspberry it.  She sits well but would rather lay down and roll across the room.  She LOVES food.  Especially finger foods.  She loves to chase Colton in her walker.  She is dang quick and loves to tip the trash can over, roll over to the dishwasher when it is open and grab silverware, pulls items of the table and if the boys are playing with their toys in her path, she runs them over.  We have many nicknames for her.  Miss May, May May, Princess, Sweetness, Bobcat Girl, Baby Girl & May May Girl.
Colton keeps me laughing every day.  This child is such a joy.  We have been teaching the kids the Lord's Prayer and Colton has been working so hard at it.  He makes a few mistakes for example, "Give us this day our dairy and bread."  I can't bring myself to correct him as he is so very proud and even cuter.  He is LOVING spending time with his dad and is a momma's boy.  He wants to eat Shells and Cheese for breakfast everyday. (and I let him)
We recently had parent teacher conferences for Noah and his report was amazing.  We are so proud of Noah, he is one of a kind.  The teacher told us that he is a very caring and attentive boy.  I think Noah will always have a lot of friends because he is so tender, polite and helpful.  He is enjoying school but is a monster for the first 10 minutes of the day. (not a morning person).  He is a very bright boy and has been helping daddy when ever he can.

We woke up to find Kringle taking a ride on our ceiling fan 

Crazy Kringle set up a race track while we slept.  We caught him pushing around  a BIG monster truck.
(thx renee for the idea ;) ) 

Snacking on cheese and ham 

Love seeing her smiling face after a good nap 

Teething?  I think so

Dancing with daddy 

I let her snack on licorice sticks while I clean up the dinner mess.  Blue is her favorite 

Visiting Santa 

I told Santa what I wanted too.  Noah was sure to tell Santa what Kyle wants as he was not there

Kringle decorated our table while we slept

He left some plush elves for the kids to play with 

He also left hot coco, north pole holes and north pole rolls 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...