Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas eve was mellow and wonderful.  The kids and I played outside as it was fairly warm and sunny. We watched movies, played games and baked a Birthday cake for Jesus.  The kids were wound up with anticipation and could hardly wait for bedtime.  We carefully arraigned our cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for Rudolph and the gang.  We read "The Night Before Christmas" and "The Christmas Story."  At 8:00 p.m. I told the boys I heard Santa's sleigh bells off in the distance so they better hurry and get in bed.  They raced to bed quickly as they did not want Santa to skip our house because they were still awake.  I tucked them in and headed out to the kitchen to do some cooking for the next day.  With in 5 minutes, Noah was out in the kitchen angry with me because I was not in bed.  He went back to his room and told Colton Santa was going to skip our house because "Mommy wont go to bed."  I assured him I still had a 1/2 hour before Santa was to arrive and he finally settled in for the night.  I finished my prep cooking did my "Mommy job" and watched "A Christmas Story" with Kyle.  I retired by midnight as I was certain I was going to be up really early the next morning.

Miss May and Clyde out enjoying the warm sunshine 

I think he would lick her death if I let him 

The boys were getting a bike ride in 


Colt is NEVER with out a gun 

Noah was trying to ride his bike through the snow, while Colt was out back mowing the "grass"

Mowing away 

Pretty Princess 


The boys helped me make a Birthday cake for Jesus 

Daddy and his girl 

Mom can finally relax for a bit 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...