Thursday, November 17, 2011

Early Traditions

Gratitude Day 17:
I lOVE the Christmas season and the magic that accompanies it.  The smell of pine, the music, the hustle and bustle, decorated houses and the celebration of the birth of our savior.    When I was little it was so exciting to decorate the Christmas tree and trim our home with wreaths, stuffed Santa's and lights (I am still a kid in this department).  We started early this year (I needed a "little" Christmas Now).  We decorated our tree and I have my Christmas village illuminating my kitchen on my bulk head.  I love how excited the little boys get about decorating the tree.   I love watching them carefully pull every ornament out of the box, gaze at it, and fill with joy over the memories.   Noah and Colton had a great time carefully placing our ornaments on the tree (mostly at the bottom, stacked on top of one another).  Kyle even humored me and hung a few, Miss May sat at the foot of the tree watching her brothers and Daddy added our little angel to the top.  It was perfect.  We listened to Christmas music and had a fun family night.
Tonight I am thankful for family traditions.  I savor these moments.  I am thankful my hubby humors me and allows me to put our tree up WAY to early.  I am thankful my Kyle will (pretend) to enjoy things that are important to me.  I am thankful that my little boys still harvest the excitement of the season.  I am thankful for my littlest peanut who I hope will enjoy decorating the tree with me long into her adulthood.  Most of all, I am thankful for the birth of our savior who gives us a reason to celebrate the season and savior early traditions.

Noodle concentrating on hanging this one just right.

I love how serious he is.

Kyle hard at work.

Daddy making sure the angel is just right
p.s. still in his hunting attire 

I wanted a picture with the kids.  We took many shots, this was the best LOL 

Our finished tree.  I had to go back after the little ones went to bed and move a "few" around, little hands can only reach so high.  I think she is pretty and proud my family gets to make such wonderful memories together. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...