Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Am a Hero!

Gratitude Day 9 & 10:  (two days in one, read below to see why)
  I sat down last night to write my daily post and Noah began frantically screaming in his room. When I got to him, he was sobbing and shaking.  He had watched a show earlier in the night called River Monsters that scared him a bit.  (see this is what happens when I take a shower) Anyway, the poor little guy was so upset I climbed up into his bed with him to calm him down.  He insisted I stay and I agreed.  I was a little annoyed at first, because bed time is my personal time to unwind, blog, watch tv, ect.   As I laid there in his bed with him, I realized how long it had been that I had done that.  Immediately, I was in heaven.  Here is my big, strong, independent 6 year old, and he needed me.  I laid with him and rubbed his little head and kissed his little nose and told him story's.  We giggled (quietly, we did not want to wake Colton) and snuggled.  It amazes me how sometimes we are in such a hurry that we miss the opportunity's to be our kids hero.  With me next to him, Noah felt 100% safe, protected and at ease.  What a powerful gift to be able to comfort my son in such an amazing way.  I could have told him to just "knock it off" and go to sleep, shut the door and walked out.  I am so glad I did not.  He needed me and I needed that precious time with him to remind myself to slow down.  The rest of the world can wait, last night I was superwomen chasing away a monster and being a hero to my little Noah.

I love you Noah and I hope I can always be your hero!

   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...