Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Mommy

Gratitude Day 15:
Yes, I am 33 and I still call her that.  Today I am grateful for my Mommy.  I can not even begin to imagine where I would be with out her.  Plainly said, she is my very best friend.  I am so blessed that my Mom and I have always had an amazing relationship.  As a child she was my protector, playmate and role model.  As a teenager she was my shoulder to cry on, biggest cheerleader and defender.  As an adult, she is my dearest, closet friend and my hero.  My Mother has always supported me (even in times she knew I was wrong) wiped my tears and had my back.  I remember when Kyle was born and they placed him on my chest (she of course was there in the room for his birth), I had a wave of emotion that washed over my that made me understand the love that my Mother had for me.  Her love has always been tender, supportive, encouraging and unconditional.  She knows me at my best and loves me at my worst.  Now, as a mother of a daughter, I can only dream to have the relationship with my Jenna like the one I have with my Mom.  We spend at least 4 days a week together and talk on the phone at least 2 times a day.  She knows when to give advice and understands when to sit silent, in my eyes she is the worlds most perfect mother.  I love you Mom.  I think you are a perfect example of all things right in this world and I hope I can be as good of a Mommy to my children as you have been to me!  Thank you God for giving me the most amazing mother.

Three generations 

Me and my 2 favorite girls.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...