Saturday, November 5, 2011

Soft Landings

Gratitude Day 5:
Ohh how my boys fill my days with excitement.  Boys crack me up, they are so different then girls.  As a mother of only boys (before Jenna was born) I would chat with my girlfriends who had only daughters about the things my boys would do.  They would often stare in shock and nearly fall off their chairs laughing at my stories.  Like, one day I told Colton NOT to pee in the tube while he was taking a bath, "why?"  "It's gross!"  So, what does he do?  Pees in a cup while in the tub and dumps it over the side on to the floor.  Then there was the day I discovered Noah's booger collection in a Dora the Explorer book with a booger placed perfectly on every page right in the middle of her forehead.  Recently, I caught them out back on the swing set sliding down the slide on a sled into a pile of 2x4's.  At any given time you could stop over at our house and find at least one if not all 3 boys running around in their underwear. (why is that anyway, I would never want to sit around in my roos).   I finally had to enforce a law if you want to eat at my table, you must be wearing pants.  They must own at least 20 plastic guns, 10 swords, and have stolen all my plastic knives from my kitchen.  A while back, they thought it would be funny to bring a snake INTO my home and show me in the living room what they had found.  I was nursing Jenna and screamed so loud I think the neighbors heard me.  Noah dropped the snake on the floor and it slithered half way across the kitchen before anyone picked it up.  I have scooped frogs and worms out of my washing machine,  "re" caught over 30 firefly's in their bedroom after they decided it would be more fun to watch them fly around the room as opposed to watching them in a jar, and have super glued more toys back together that I can count.  Being a mother of 3 boys keeps me on my toes.  I never know what to expect when I empty pants pockets, clean under beds or while unloading back packs.   Ask Colton what it is like to live in our home he will tell you, "There is never a dull moment." (wonder where he heard that?)  Truth is, my boys have taught me how to be free, fun loving, adventurous and brave.  I love that everyday brings a new experience for me to laugh at, even if it is gross.  Boys will be boys and I am so thankful for that.  Who knew that I would love to play swords, climb trees and wrestle WWF style.  Praise God for boys!  I love their adventurous spirit and unending desire to discover and catch the world around them.
Tonight  Noah and Colton had a little extra energy to burn and decided that flying off the couch would be a good way to wind down. (really?) Anyway,  they assembled all the pillows on the floor to provide a soft landing, and away they jumped and jumped and jumped.  Jenna and I watched from the recliner as they worked up a sweat.  (she thought the flying Sheely brothers were a perfect circus).  Thankfully, after about a half hour they were pooped and ready to settle down for the night.  It was fun watching them have such a blast while doing something so simple.  I wish adults were more like them, I think the world would be a better place.   I hope my boys never lose their ambition to enjoy the simple things in life.  I will nurture their sense of adventure and encourage them to jump at new things, and pray that all of their landings are soft.

This little monkey can fly!


I think Colton was trying to kick Noah off the couch.

Colton's turn.


Higher this time.

Miss May and I watching the circus
p.s. Colton took this picture, not bad for a 4 year old.


See underwear!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...