Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

Today is Thanksgiving day.  We went to my parents house for our traditional meal.  Kyle was with his dad, so it was John and I, the 3 little ones, my parents and my brother.  This was my brothers first Thanksgiving with out his kids so I was very happy to have him with us.  I understand all to well what it is like to be in his shoes, learning how to live through holidays while "sharing" your kids.  I am so blessed that he is my brother and I love and admire him.  My mom cooked an amazing meal and we had a great dinner together. After dinner John, Pa-Pa and the boys took a walk back to the pond.  We went through old pictures laughed, joked and told stories.  Grandma played a game with the boys and Jenna took a much needed nap.
 I have thought a lot lately about the blessings in my life.  How fortunate we are.  So many around us lately have been struck by tragedy and suffering.  My perspective on life has really changed and my relationship with Christ has grown beyond measure.  I have felt movement in my life to step back, slow down and focus on what "really" matters.  I have for far to long been going through the motions and not serving God with 100% of my being.  I want and long for a better relationship with him.  To climb into bed every night and feel as if today, I lived for him.  I am sooooo blessed (undeservingly).  Today I am thankful for a living and loving God.  One who gave his only son to save me.  One who forgives me in my wrong doing.  One who has patently waited for me to get this point.  One who has carried me through my troubled times.  One who has loved me enough to bless me with a loving husband, 4 beautiful healthy children & amazing family and friends.  He has provided for my needs and shown me that beauty and blessings are always there.   I will work everyday to be a better Christian in hopes that  someday I will stand in his glory and hear "well done good and faithful servant."
THANK YOU GOD FOR LOVING ME!
your humble servant
I am thankful to have these eyes to look into 

I am thankful that my mother is healthy and embracing her role as a wonderful grandma

I am thankful this little one leaves chocolate on his face for me to giggle at 

I am thankful that Pa-Pa is in good health and enjoys wrestling with my children 

I am thankful to have her smile light my days

I am thankful she lets me dress her up hehe

I am thankful she has her Pa-Pa to play peekaboo with 

I am thankful that she is her daddy's princess

I am thankful for patty cake, silly dancing and the endless joy she brings us 

I am thankful he can sleep through anything he works to hard and needs a little "time out"

I am thankful for all these faces.  They are my heart, my love and my purpose

I am thankful she is healthy and enjoys her food 

I am thankful for goofy smiles and belly laughs 

I am thankful for special bonds

I am thankful for memories


ABOVE ALL, I AM THANKFUL FOR GOD!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...