Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Icky Sicky's of Fall & My Start Of Gratitude


Oh how I loath fall because of the constant illness that seems to overtake my home.  Last year, strep throat hit us at least 5 times and Noah came down with Scarlet fever 2 days before Jenna was born.  I am so careful to wash hands, cloths, bedding and Lysol everything tell my nose burns, but I can not seem to beat those fall and winter sickys.  We are off to a good start this year.  I took Noah to the Pediatrician this morning as he has had a fever and nasty cough for 4 days.  Turns out, he has Pneumonia.  Yippy!  Poor kid, he is such a trooper.  We started him on antibiotics this afternoon, and I am hopeful he will be feeling better tomorrow.  Fingers crossed, it stops with him!

Poor Noodle.  I made him sit and relax all day trying to brake his nasty fever of 102.7

He still manages to give me a little goofy smile.




On a better note, it is November and I decided that it is a perfect month to stop and think about what I am thankful for.  Big, small, and all in between, I am going to post daily what I am thankful for, so here goes.

Day 1of Gratitude:
Today I am thankful for my husband.  I am really blessed that he is my partner and best friend.  He is the hardest working person I have ever known.  He often works until 3 in the morning and gets up again at 5.  Not sure how he does it, but his amazing work ethic has enabled me to be a stay at home mom.  I get the AWESOME privilege of watching my babies grow, is there anything better?  With out his devotion to our family, I would not have the luxury that most moms have to sacrifice.  John is honest and trustworthy, a dedicated father, friend, brother and son. He makes me laugh and makes my days complete.  I can not imagine one breath with out him, I am a very spoiled and blessed girl.  Love you Babe



P.S. I think it is pretty great that after 10 years, my heart still flip flops when he walks in the room! :) 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...